|SASC Fall 2017 Recreational Soccer Player Registration
This information is for the Recreational Soccer program only.
For details on registering players for a Competitive Team, please see the
Competitive Player Registration Page.
Important Registration Information:
- Registration for the Fall 2017 Recreational season is now closed.
- 10 games scheduled (weather permitting):
First game: September 9th, 2017
Last game: November 11th, 2017
Note that SASC now follows the US Soccer mandate for age group nomenclature. Age groups are now named "10U" instead of "U10".
Refer to this Age Group Calculator for more information.
- Play-through league (usually 14U and older teams) - will likely have 10 games scheduled.
*** Parents MUST read this prior to proceeding to the registration website (link below) ***
Online player registration must be completed by the child's parent/legal
guardian; no one else can complete a player's registration on behalf of a
parent or legal guardian.
Player Age Group
- Registration fees include a complete uniform.
- Online registration is available by credit card only
- Please use the application form on the SASC Financial Aid page
to submit a request for SASC Financial Aid.
- All requests for assistance will be reviewed within 3-5 days, and applicants will receive an email with further registration instructions.
Please do not continue to the registration site before you receive these instructions.
email@example.com with any questions
- Fall 2017 Registration is for players who are born between 1/1/1999 and 9/9/2013
(i.e. players must be at least 4 years old before the first scheduled game)
- The year of birth is what determines the appropriate playing age group
- Please refer to this Age Group Calculator
- Playing Up - a player can be registered for the next older age group if that challenge is appropriate
- Proof of Age:
- Proof of age documentation is required for all new players to SASC.
- A copy (.jpg) of the child's birth certificate or a copy of the photo page of their passport must be uploaded to the registration website.
- No hospital certificates or foreign language birth documents are accepted.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if your birth document is only available in a foreign language.
- Digital Photo:
- (NEW) All players born in 2005 or older need to have a photo uploaded to register.
- This photo must be a head shot with no hat or sunglasses worn.
- The photo must be from the shoulders up and must clearly show your child's face.
- Photo must be in .jpg format.
- Please see photo guidelines information linked here.
- No documents should be mailed to SASC.
- Please email email@example.com
with any questions regarding this process.
- Team placement is done according to coach
preference, friend request, and neighborhood. Sometimes a coach has more
requests than spots available, so it is possible your player will not be placed
with the coach you requested. SASC will attempt to keep friends and school
mates together when a team needs to be split due to over-subscription to a
- Practice location is subject to field availability
and coach preference. SASC does not have practice fields available at all
locations for all age groups. Please plan to be flexible, you will be assigned
a practice field somewhere in the city of Sunnyvale.
- The only way to guarantee a specific practice
location or day is to be a volunteer coach for your child's team.
- In case there are not enough players registered in a given age group to be viable,
SASC may have to combine those players with another adjacent age group.
- All refund requests must be made in writing to:
- Please state your child's full name, birth date, and reason for the refund request.
- Refunds take a minimum of 4 weeks to process.
- Players who register for SASC Rec and move to a SASC
Comp team will have their entire payment applied to their comp registration.
You must email
if your player moves to comp.
- Refund amounts are graduated, based on request date:
- On or before July 15, 2017: $100
- From July 16, 2017 to September 8, 2017: $75
- No refund available on or after September 9, 2017
Please consider volunteering to coach your child's team.
SASC offers equipment, training and lots of support!
The only way to guarantee a specific practice location or day is to be a volunteer coach for your child's team.
Positive Coaching Alliance
SASC is a member of the Positive Coaching Alliance. We
expect all players, coaches, and parents to abide by the rules of fair play and
to sustain an environment that supports our positive coaching culture.
information click here.